I was tagged to list 7 weird things about myself that you all (probably) don’t already know. Coming up with 7 things was/is quite difficult, especially since I don’t normally think of myself, or my habits, as weird. I have been informed, though, that there are, in fact MORE than 7 weird things about me! It is always nice to know what people REALLY think about me…..”Weird, but endearing”….yeah, okay, whatever….you think I am weird!
- This was an easy one…MY NAME! Although my name doesn’t really make ME the weirdo…my parents are the odd-balls that came up with this one! Before I was married I was L. (I have never used my first name) Meghan Gehman. Do you notice anything special about Meghan Gehman? Some of you may have picked up on it right away, some of you may still be scratching your head….A E G H M N …these six letters appear in both my Middle and Last names – no more, no less, just scrambled up. I know what you are thinking…..WEIRD!
- I do not have my picture taken. To give you an idea of how weird I am about the whole picture thing, there is only one photo of my hubby and myself together – that I know of. I don’t go Sean Penn on anyone with a camera, and I know that there are photos of me around – mostly in the background and such. I will admit that just a few weeks ago I DID have my picture taken, but the person who snapped it is moving across the country and I may never see her again (wah!), so I didn’t put up too much of a fuss….The photo at the top of this post is one of the last times I (reluctantly) allowed someone to take my picture. It is one of my senior class pictures. The photographer was Edwin Huddle (an amazing artist!). I am sitting on the floor in the Men’s bathroom at the Lancaster Trust Building….which strangely enough, has since become the Lancaster Quilt Museum….weird!
- My family refers to me as a “Hair Harvester.” I have always had the same (boring) hair. Although it is quite thick and very healthy, and it grows very quickly – probably because I don’t do anything to it! Every year and a half to two years, I go to the salon, and have my hair chopped off, and I donate it to Locks of Love. I have done this 4 times now. The last time I had it cut, I donated 20 inches of hair, and after the cut it was still long enough to reach my shoulders! I am starting to get tired of my hair again, so it will soon be time to get it cut. I am seriously thinking of doing something different with my hair this time….but I think I say that every time I get it cut, and then I chicken out!
- I am terrified of needles. A syringe was broken off in my arm at the Dr’s office when I was quite young. 2 nurses, and my mother had to hold me down while the Dr. used another needle to try to dig out the broken one….not a pleasant memory….but here is the weird part….despite my overwhelming fear, I have had my tongue and my septum (the middle of my nose) and the side of my nose pierced. On my 30th birthday, I decided that it was time to grow up, and I removed my piercings – much to the delight of my parents!
- I am constantly wiggling my toes! It isn’t something I think about at all, but I find myself doing it all the time – even at night in bed!
- While on the subject of feet, I cannot stand to wear shoes. I am a bare-foot girl all the way! Even in the winter, when my house is chilly, I won’t be wearing shoes or even slippers – socks, sometimes – but usually I am bare-footed. My wiggly toes need to be free, I guess!
- I am a bit of a perfectionist. I fret about the smallest details, and get consumed by them. Often times it means that nothing gets done (or finished), because if it isn’t going to be perfect, then I am not going to bother at all! I am currently trying to overcome this nasty characteristic so that I can finish the quilt I am making for my brother’s wedding gift. Things just aren’t lining up as nicely as I think they should, and after hours of ripping and resewing frustration, it has been relegated to a heap on the floor in my sewing room. For weeks now, I just step over it (or kick it out of my way, depending on my mood) when I am coming or going!
I am sure that I could go on and on about my weirdness, but since I was only asked to provide 7 bits, that is all you get, for now!
I know I took forever to get this finished – so, if you are reading this, and you haven’t been tagged to write about 7 weird things, yet, consider this your tagging! And to the rest of you weirdos out there, have a great weekend!